My Honda FT 500
199x-1998 Honda FT 500 '82
After I crashed my car, I bought this motorcycle (the one in front; Kampfbonsais GPZ900 in the back).
What sums this bike up for me?
- had Koni back shock absorber
- bad front shock absorber
- oil leaking cylinder head
- something loose in the exhaust
- simple tech, easy to fix and maintain
- good handling
- Schuh mount and cases, looking not very stable but never let me down
- won't start if not used for 14 days. Also when temperatures below zero. Unfortunately the FT is missing the XL's kickstart. :-(
- pretty ugly :-)
After I bought the Pegaso my father inhertited the machine and drove it until 2011.
- I have to look this up in the papers
- Typical for the XL500 engine