**** This product might be outdated soon. SoftwareProjectGPSMinna will be its successor. ****
- Since I bought a new Garmin Colorado 300 (sic!) I didn't want to take printouts with me any more (= PaperlessGeoCaching). So I decided to take only .GPX with me. Nice try, but the images are missing. :-(
- Therefore I needed a way to take all of the cache description with me. Coincidentally :-P I started developing for Apple iPhone and iPod Touch....(you can guess what's coming next..)...so I thought up a way to use my iPod Touch für paperless GeoCaching.
The Way It Works
- The Application Save Cache to iPhoto.app should be run when you have your desired cache opened in Safari
- After run it converts the selected cache description into PDF using WKPDF (see http://wkpdf.plesslweb.ch for details)
- After that it converts the PDF into JPG
- The converted JPG will be renamed to the cache description page name
- The JPGs will be imported into iPhoto in a (new) album named "Paperless GeoCaching"
- Now you should set up iPhoto to sync this to your iPhone oder iPod Touch
- Go geocaching and don't forget your iPod Touch or iPhone :-)
- You can download it here: File:Paperlesscaching20080804.zip (And YES, it's FREE! :-) )
- To install just decompress the downloaded .zip-file and place the "Paperless GeoCaching-Folder in your Applications-Folder (important, since paths are hardcoded in the application).
- Run Save Cache to iPhoto.app while you're viewing a cache description (repeat as often as you like with the caches you like to visit)
- Sync "Paperless GeoCaching"-Album from iPhoto to your iPod Touch or iPhone
One more thing
- If you find this useful, let me know].
- IF you do, don't forget to thank the WKPDF-makers too. Without them, this would not work.
- @Christian P.: If you want to place a donation link here, please contact me. TIA.