ARDMonitor shows the state of Apple Remote Desktop (disabled, enabled, connected) - even if the Administrator asked for permission to monitor/control (that's what ARD's menu extra doesn't).
ARDMonitor comes in two flavours:
- "ARDMonitor" - The normal faceless program which will show an icon on the right side of the menu bar.
- "ARDMonitor unquittable" - The same as the above, but it lacks the option to quit the program - maybe useful if you're dealing with lusers.
- status menu item
- displays your IP addresses
- disconnect administrators (not with AppStore-Version)
ARD is enabled, NO administrator connected
ARD showing your IP address(es)
ARD is enabled, and an Administrator is monitoring or controlling your computer
- Mac OS X 10.6 "Leopard" or later
- PPC or Intel CPU (Universal Binary)
(If you use prior versions of Mac OS X, please visit Software Projects That Are Not Longer Supported#ARD_Monitor)
Did I mention it is free software? Download and enjoy!
Please read the Readme-file for details. Short: basically it's just free. :-)
If you think it's worth a buck, please feel free to donate one (or some) via Paypal.
- Sandboxing sucks!
- including Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion)