My BMW R1150GS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
2001-2008 BMW R1150GS '01
- Badly designed ABS, if she was not moved for some days (especially winter), or it was below zero, ABS won't initialize for the next 100km
- Badly designed rear brakes, when heavily breaking (f.e. when driving down hill like at Stelvio Pass) the brakes fail
- Badly sized battery, when temperature below zero she most likely won't start (even if you have an fully loaded (but cold) battery)
- Very comfortable
- Very reliable
- Paralever and Telelever are such a great thing!
- Can take a hell of a beating and still bring me home
- You might think, that especially in winter ABS should work - I agree. BMW obviously doesn't.
- Okay, by "braking" I mean: Drive downhill as fast as possible. Braking in the last moment until ABS kicks in. Repeating this for >40 turns
- besides the battery-, ABS- and the braking-issue, but that were minor (Okay - probably not minor. It's probably the reality distortion field (or just the need for justifying the price) problems :-) )