Newer blog entries are found in WroBlog
Not so old blog entries can be found in WroBlogArchive
2005-12-23, 22:47: Finally...
- ..I have some days off (til 9th of january).
- Did I mention that Santa Claus sucks? Where for Bob's sake is Santa mentioned in the bible? Where the hell came he from? (Most guess it's Coca Cola, dunno).
- Anyway, I want to contribute to www.pro-christkind.org. Keep it up!
2005-12-22, 01:06: WroBlog goes RSS...
- ..thanks to my fabulous perl scripting abilities, there's a RSS feed: http://www.wurst-wasser.net/Wurst-Wasser.net/Downloads/WroBlog.xml ;-))
2005-12-13, 21:52: Wikipedia steht Kopf...
2005-12-05, 18:36: Mein iBook steht zum Verkauf...
* SOLD *
- - Baumonat: 2004-03
- - G4 933 MHz
- - 14", keine defekten Pixel o.ä.
- - 60 GB HD
- - Bluetooth eingebaut
- - Airport Extreme eingebaut (W-LAN mit 54 MBit)
- - 56K Modem eingebaut
- - Ethernet 10/100 eingebaut
- - USB 2.0 Schnittstellen
- - Firewire 400 Schnittstelle
- - Combodrive (DVD-ROM, CD-RW)
- - 640 MB RAM
- - iBook ist für Zweimonitorbetrieb gepatcht
- - Alles Original-Zubehör (Netzteil, Software, Adapter f. Zweitbildschirm, Originalkarton etc.)
- Da ich es immer sehr pfleglich behandelt habe, ist das iBook in tadellosem Zustand und hat kaum Gebrauchsspuren.
- Das Bild in gross
- Wenn Du Interesse an dem iBook hast, schreib mir: usenet <at> wurst-wasser.net
2005-11-25, 06:34: I can't stand it any longer...
- People in lists, forums and ngs are sometimes really getting to me. Especially when they are so 'verpeilt. Today I want to discuss HowDoIGetResults.
2005-11-25, 06:32: Mitmögen...
- ...muss ich jetzt auch mal: http://pro.moegig.de/moegbutton.gif. Wer mehr wissen will, liest http://pro.moegig.de/.
2005-11-16, 23:46: Yet another month passed...
- Astounding how time goes by - it's a month since my last entry.
- I needed to remote control my VLC so I made a bunch of shell scripts: VLCRemoteControlShellScripts.
2005-10-17, 18:55: Learned a cool phrase...
- "Die Hohe Kunst der sedimentären Datenablage" - meaning "the higher arts of sedimentary data storage".
2005-10-15, 14:37: Hamburg... (updated 2005-10-17, 18:54)
- Walk around the Binnenalster upload:binnenalsterlightshow.jpg
- See the cool down-counting traffic lights at Gänsemarkt upload:fussgaengerampelcountdown.jpg 11 seconds 'til green...
- Ask at the reception for a second pillow
- Got to the Hofbräuhaus - it's for yuppies. Cigar Lounge, and Türsteher at the entrance... upload:hofbraeuhaushamburch.jpg
2005-10-10, 13:15: Apple Remote Desktop (ARD)...
- is pretty cool - but lacks support for secure connections (or over a firewall). But it is possible.
- First make sure, you use this settings: upload:ardadminsettings.jpg
- Disable remote administration on the administrator's Mac via "Sharing" in System Preferences.
- Do this via ssh: ssh -L 3283:remoteHostEthernetIPAddress:3283 -L 5900:remoteHostEthernetIPAddress:5900 user@remotehost
- Because ARD Agents DO launch, regardless wether you disable it in "Sharing" and ARD Admin Preferences, you have to start first ARD Admin and then send kill -1 to the following processes:
- On Administrator's Mac connect to "localhost" (which will be forwarded to your remotehost).
- That's it!
- And now the ARDOverSshForwardScriptExample!
- PS: Ever wanted to do User-Switching by shell? This will make the active user suspend, and bring the Login Window up: /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu\ Extras/User.menu/Contents/Resources/CGSession -suspend
2005-09-22, 08:58: Star Wars Episode V...
- has some minor goofs:
- Leia speaks of her father...which could only mean step-father, since her father is Darth Vader.
- C3PO says that he doesn't know Obi Wan Kenobi (which he should since he met him in the earlier episodes)
- Obi Wan Kenobi says he doesn't own or know R2D2 (he should, he meets him in the earlier episodes)
- Han Solo uses "parsecs" as a time unit...
2005-09-21, 13:32: Are you annoyed by the iChat 2.x graphical smileys?
- ...I was. And here's how to get rid of them:.
- sudo rm /Applications/iChat.app/Contents/Resources/*.lproj/SmileyTable.plist
2005-09-19, 15:49: Ever had the problem, that your FileVault didn't have enough space?
- ...I did. My FileVault was only 12 GB big (weird - I wonder why it can grow at all!).
- Here's the solution, "grow" your sparseimage while logged in from a nother account (making sure you are not logged in with the image's owner's account).
- sudo hdiutil resize -size 25g heiko.sparseimage -stdinpass
2005-08-10, 09:01: Found weird webpage...
- ...leider in deutsch: Datenbank des nutzlosen Wissens.
2005-08-08, 11:08: Had a very nice weekend...
- ...spent friday and saturday motorcycling, unortunately I didn't save the friday route (more interesting). Anyway here is the saturday track:
2005-07-18, 09:07: Had a very nice weekend...
- ...spent saturday motorcycling: