3D-Prints for Bruder Cat Skid Steer RC Conversion
I allways wanted to own heavy equipment. Excavators, Dozers, Wheel Loaders, and so on. But they were pretty pricy…then I stumbled over Bruder toys…and decided to start with something easy: A huge dozer built as a toy-rc-conversion - then I started a more complicated conversion: This Cat Skid Steer!
- Buy a Bruder Cat Skid Steer
- Buy cheap remote (I used Fly Sky FS-T6)
- Buy four (or if you prefer 2WD: two) small cheap servos for driving the wheels (I used Hextronik D-MG16) .
- Buy one small cheap servo for the shovel (try Hextronik D-MG16)
- Buy one strong standard-size servo for the main lifting arm (I used HD-1501MG)
- Get some M3 screws and nuts
- Print the parts listed below
- Build it :-)
- Have fun!
The How To
- You can find a video on youTube: https://youtu.be/ahsBrwnNrWI
- If you have trouble with V-mixers, you might want to check out the controller mod in this video: https://youtu.be/y7okxzaw5nU
- Media:RC_Bruder_Conversion_Skid_Steer_Wheel.zip (SCAD & STL)
- Media:RC_Bruder_Conversion_Servo_Mount.zip (SCAD & STL)
- 3D-Printed Motor Mount for Bruder Cat D11T RC Conversion
- Hint: If you use 4WD and have trouble getting the servos in neutral (standing still) all at once - try using a ESC instead of the built-in electronics! But make sure, the ESCs don't have a brake and are running same speed in both directions